After studying this session you should be able to:
- Briefly describe what happens in blood vessels and body fluids in women with hypertension, and how this can damage the fetus.
- Define the different types of hypertensive disorders of pregnancy.
- List the common risk factors for developing pregnancy-related hypertension.
- Describe the common clinical features of severe pre-eclampsia.
- Identify the common maternal and fetal/neonatal complications of hypertensive disorders of pregnancy.
- Provide basic supportive treatment and facilitate early referral, in particular for women with severe hypertensive disorders of pregnancy.
Last modified: Tuesday, 20 May 2014, 1:01 PM