Whenever you see a woman with clearly defined or suspected PROM, the questions you need to answer are:
- Does the woman have established labour or not?
- If the woman has established labour:
- Is it preterm or term PROM?
- How long has she stayed at home after the membranes ruptured?
- How much has the labour progressed?
- Is the fetus alive or dead?
- Irrespective of labour condition, does the woman have established infection or not?
You need to answer the above questions because they show what actions you need to take, as we will now describe.
Last modified: Friday, 11 July 2014, 1:14 PM