When you have studied this session, you should be able to:
- Discuss the general principles of counselling and summarise the skills and attitudes of an effective counsellor
- Explain the special nature of counselling pregnant women.
- Describe the common danger symptoms that can be felt or noticed by pregnant women, the gestational age at which each symptom is most likely to appear, and the appropriate actions that the woman should take.
- Identify the appropriate timing of counselling on different types of danger symptoms, in relation to gestational age.
- Explain the importance of husband/partner involvement in the counselling of pregnant women about danger symptoms.
Last modified: Tuesday, 20 May 2014, 12:43 PM