When you have studied this session, you should be able to:
- Describe the major dietary constituents for good health in a pregnant woman, advise women on eating well with little money, and explain the problems resulting from a poor diet.
- Explain the benefits of good hygiene and other self-care activities in pregnancy.
- Explain the benefits of immunization against tetanus.
- Explain the benefits of early and exclusive breastfeeding for the mother and for her baby.
- Explain the benefits of family planning to achieve birth spacing and discuss postpartum contraception with pregnant women.
Last modified: Tuesday, 20 May 2014, 12:40 PM